You read about Kathryn Oates’ friendship with her mother and their bonding over cooking in Cooking with my mom. Now try your hand at making one of their favorite recipes.
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1½ cup unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 cup olive oil (extra virgin, cold-pressed)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups organic shredded carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut(unsweetened)
- 1 cup raisins (organic)
(Use regular produce if organic is not available)
1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2 In medium bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3 In large mixing bowl beat eggs and add honey, olive oil, and vanilla.
4 Add flour mixture to bowl and stir.
5 Add carrots, walnuts, coconut, and raisins to mixing bowl and stir.
6 Spoon into muffin cups (we use paper liners in muffin pans).
7 Cook 20 to 30 minutes until muffins are firm to the touch on top.
8 Cool and enjoy.