Stave off the winter chill with this hearty Mediterranean classic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut in ½-inch cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 oz. cod, cut in 8 pieces
- 4 oz. small scallops or 4 oz. other white fish (halve the scallops, if large)
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
COURTESY OF THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE FOR CANCER RESEARCH (AICR.ORG) .
TO RECEIVE RECIPES BY E-MAIL, WRITE TO RECIPES@AICR.ORG.
- In a small Dutch oven or deep pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until they are translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the clam juice.
- When the liquid comes to a boil, add the potatoes and tomatoes. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost done.
- Add the cod, scallops or other fish, tarragon, and parsley. Simmer until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.